Fall Events and Activities in the Myrtle Beach Area
With the cooler weather moving in to our area this week, it has us all thinking of getting outside and enjoying the change of season. The leaves will begin to change, fall decorations will start popping up in our neighbors yards and bonfires will become the staple at social gatherings. There will also be some of the most fun events and activities that the Myrtle Beach area has to offer. Here are a few that we are looking forward to this year.
- Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest (Oct 11th @ 4pm-9pm & Oct 12th @ 11am-7pm) – The 10th Annual Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest is back and better than ever at The Market Common! 2019 will feature:-LIVE music from German bands and modern musicians
-Over 60 Vendors
-German food and food trucks
-Kids’ Zone with Hay Rides, Scarecrow Building, Inflatables, Petting Zoo & more!
-Pumpkin Patch and Painting
-Beer Garden (of course!)
- 2019 Grand Strand Witches’ Night (Oct 12th from 5pm – 10pm) – Each October, the “Witches” of the Grand Strand gather to celebrate the changes seasons with the fantastic food and spirits of the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk. Purchase your wristband for Witches’ Night food/drink discounts at Marshwalk Restaurants at $5/each. Raffle tickets available at $1/each.Wristband & Raffle Ticket Sales
Wahoo’s Fish House & The Tuna Shak at Wicked Tuna
5:00pm – 7:30pmRaffle will be held at Creek Ratz @ 8:00pm
**Must be present to win**This year, 100% of money collected goes to our 2019 501(c)3 charity Children’s Recovery Center www.childrensrecoverycenter.org
- Myrtle Beach Greek Festival – St. John the Baptist hosts the annual Greek Festival on the beautiful grounds of our church in Myrtle Beach, SC. This year’s festival takes place Thursday October 17th through Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Growing attendance in recent years is through word of mouth…so grab your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors and come experience Greece on the southeast coast this fall. During the weekend, you can taste the flavors of Greece with our authentic food. How about enjoying our live entertainment and try your foot at Greek dancing? Explore and shop the Marketplace with well over a dozen vendors. Conducted, educational tours of our beautiful church are scheduled several times daily. Attractions for children round out this wonderful festival which has hosted families and friends, near and far, for over 27 years.We look forward to welcoming you to our ‘Little Piece of Greece’ right here in Myrtle Beach…OPA!
- 40th Annual Loris Bog-Off Festival (Oct 19th starting at 9am)– 200 vendors, 2 stages of entertainment, kids area, chicken bog cooking contest, car show, celebrity square and much more! 40 years of Boggin’!
- Bog-Off Movie (Monday, Oct 14th starting at 7pm) – Free movie under the stars! Corner lot on Meeting and Casey Street.Movie will be Aladdin
- Bog-Off Game Night (Tues, Oct 15th starting at 6pm) – Bingo and a spaghetti dinner
- Bogoff Cruisin & Groovin on Main (Thurs, Oct 17th starting at 6pm) – Cruisin Main Street like we did back in the day and a Groovin street dance with the Chocolate Chip & Company Band!
- Hippie Fest – Myrtle Beach, SC (Oct 26th from 12pm to 7pm rain or shine) – Hippie Fest is a grassroots festival where free-spirited people from across the country gather to celebrate peace, love, and hippie-ness! Returning to Myrtle Beach Speedway on Saturday October 26, 2019. Featuring vibrant entertainment, bohemian shopping, vintage hippie car show, DIY tie-dye, giant bubble garden, cirque performers, kids activities, delicious food, beer, and more. All ages welcome. General admission $10. Kids 10 and under free. It’s groovy baby! Note: Due to crowd size and parking limitations, tickets must be reserved online in advance. Limited tickets remaining. Reserve tickets while they last at HippieFest.orgLocation: Myrtle Beach Speedway – 455 Hospitality Ln, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579Admission: $10 – Tickets must be reserved in advance through Eventbrite
Kids 10 & under free (no ticket necessary) Tickets must be reserved in advance for this event.
Hippie Car Show Registration:
Do you or someone you know own a vintage Volkswagen or hippie bus? We want you to be part of the hippie car show at Hippie Fest! Free to participate 😀 Fun prize categories and trophies for winners. More info at HippieFest.org/Car-Show. May the grooviest ride win!Please note: Hippie Fest is a rain or shine event. Ticket and vendor registration fees are non-refundable. Participants assume all risk and liability associated with participating in the event and release Hippie Fest, its organizers, and the venue from all liability for injury and/or property damage that may result.
- Spooktacular Pet-A-thon (Oct 27th from 10am – 3pm) – Adoption Event with Local Rescues. Vendors, Food, Raffles with donations split between attending Rescues, Pet Costume Contest, Pup Cream Pies (for pups only) And Much Much More!! This is being held at Angel Pets (3574 Hwy 17 Bus, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576)
- Proper Pet Brushing Seminar at 12pm
Pet Costume Contest at 1 pm!
Raffle Drawing at 3pm!
- Confirmed Rescues Attending: Grand Strand Golden Rescue & Saint Frances Animal Center
- Confirmed Vendors: ColorStreet By Emily, Southern Daisy Creations,Lulu’s Paw Boutique, MI Critter Sitters, Hailien Craft, Rufffalicious Dog Treats, Mollie’s Morsels, Happy Coffee
- Proper Pet Brushing Seminar at 12pm
- Surfside UMC Fall Festival (Friday October 25 & Saturday October 26 from 9am – 5 pm) – This popular event features over 150 vendor sites with crafters from around the region offering a wide variety of handmade & homemade items for sale. Food options benefit SUMC ministries, missions & programs and include: Bake Sale & breakfast biscuits – UMW; Fish Fry Friday – Men’s Club; hamburgers, nachos, French fries & fried Oreos – Youth Ministries; hot dogs, chips, drinks – Child Development Center; sausage & pepper sandwiches – Good News Club; meatball sandwiches – organ fundraiser. Location: SUMC, 800 13th Avenue North, Surfside Beach (inside & outside)
We hope that you find something fun and interesting to do this month along the Grand Strand. And remember, if you are looking to buy or sell real estate in Horry or Georgetown counties, please reach out to one of our agents. Happy Fall Ya’ll!!!