Avoid Cabin Fever With These Ideas to Keep Kids Entertained During the Coronavirus Crisis
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, many people are finding themselves in quarantine in order to most effectively practice “social distancing.” Our kids are being home schooled presently and we’re sure that most of you are running out to things to do in order to keep ourselves sane and our kids occupied.
We’ve come up with a few helpful ideas and projects to help you along the way. We hope that you enjoy these fun projects and hope that you will share them with us on our Facebook Page, using the hashtag #CoastalTidesRealtyCares
- Set up a treasure hunt: Treasure hunts are pretty easy and depending on how many items there are, could last a while. Hide anywhere from 10 to 20 items around the house or outside to keep kids occupied for a few hours.
- Go on a Virtual Field Trip: We’ve compiled a list of virtual field trips that you and you kids can enjoy! Click to download our list of fun, interactive field trips you can take with your kids: CTR_Exploring Virtual Field Trips
- Write a letter: Break out the envelopes, the stamps, the pens, and paper. No, we’re not talking e-mails; we’re talking old-fashion snail mail. Write a mail a letter to someone you love, like grandma and grandpa, or a family member who lives far away
- Make elephant toothpaste: Making elephant toothpaste is a great science experiment. Using the laws of both chemistry and biology, this recipe will cause an enormous foaming reaction, fit for an elephant. Download the instructions here: CTR_Elephant Toothpaste
- Go for a walk: It costs nothing!
- Host a paint night: Grab some canvases, brushes, and paints, and do a paint night at home. Or grab paint and go set from your local paint studio. Most of them are selling these kits with instructions.
- Set up indoor hopscotch: With painters tape!
- Read-at-home bingo: As your kids accomplish each reading task, they should cross off each bingo square. Download the instructions and Bingo Sheet here: CTR_Read At Home Bingo
- Create an animal fact sheet: Have your child pick an animal. Can they make a fact sheet, listing everything they know about that animal? Now, do some research. After learning a little bit more about that animal, have your child add new facts to the sheet about what they learned.
- Create pasta jewelry: Paint it, thread it, and then wear it!
Again, we hope that you enjoy these great ideas with your kids. We at Coastal Tides Realty are always striving to be the best resource for you. We are still open for business, so if you are considering buying or selling the in the Myrtle Beach or surrounding areas, we would like to help. Connect with us about ways we can still work together and still adhere to the social distancing suggestions.