While summertime offers us a great opportunity to make the most of our sunny Saturdays, you might find yourself with some extra free time. What to do? Why not take a little time each weekend to give your beautiful new home a little extra care? One of the best things about owning a home is the pride and satisfaction derived from making it look as beautiful as possible!
Here a list of some practical summer to-do’s that will help to keep your home and garden in wonderful shape. Enjoy! And if you need any further information, or would like to discuss any real estate questions, please feel free reach out to us by visiting our web site at www.MattHarperRealEstate.com or calling Matt at 843-267-7556 or Josh at 843-995-0276!
SIX TIPS FOR EASY SUMMER HOME CARE
- Keep it green: Harsh summer heat can up the ante when it comes to caring for your lawn. Make sure to keep it watered and fertilized!
- Fire it up: Get a head start for the upcoming winter and clean out your wood-burning fireplace and chimney. You’ll have one less winter task to attend to!
- Carpet care: Now’s the perfect time to have your carpets professionally cleaned, which will protect your carpet and make it last even longer. Want to save a few bucks? Rent a quality carpet cleaner and do it yourself!
- Touch-ups: Inspect your home-inside and out-and touch up any paint where necessary. This can be done quickly and easily, and will prevent future peeling!
- Lock and key: Check all of the locks on your windows and doors and ensure that everything is working properly. Being proactive about safety is always a smart move!
- Oil it: Anything squeaking? Add a squirt of WD-40 or similar product to door, cabinet and window hinges to keep them in top repair.
- Park the car: If your garage is filling up with an abundance of stored items, take a day to reorganize and get rid of unwanted clutter. Give your unneeded items to charity, or have a fun summer yard sale!
We hope you all continue to have a wonderful summer!!
The Matt Harper Team
“We’ll get you moving!”